Metsä Wood's Finnish Birch plywood is made of cross-bonded 1.4 mm thick birch veneers. The panels are sanded on both sides and their surface is smooth, hard and durable. Birch plywood is characterized by excellent strength and stiffness properties, and therefore it performs very well in applications demanding high strength and rigidity.
Birch plywood has also good resistance to humidity, it is easy to machine and handle. Birch plywood panels surface characteristics can be further enhanced using different types of overlays. The properties of the surfaces can be improved and the surface pattern altered, depending on the intended application. The coating technology used in our mills represents the highest quality in the field. Panels with phenol film or thermoplastic overlay combined with strong Birch plywood core is a good choice for demanding end-uses.
In addition to plywood standard sizes, Metsä Wood is able to offer
XL and King Size panels that enable large surfaces with less joints.
Metsä Wood Birch plywood major advantages
There are several advantageous properties in Birch panel products making them the quality solution for your project:
- Favourable weight to strength ratio
- High durability
- Easy to machine and fix using standard machining and fastening methods
- Lightweight – Easy to handle
- Wide variety of different overlays and sizes available
- Improved Anti-Slip properties for flooring applications with optional wiremesh- and raised surface patterns
- Availability of tailor-made cut-to-size and machining services
- High quality technical service
- XL and KingSize for larger components