Simple and easy to use, Finnwood software performs calculations for individual beams and columns made of Kerto® and other Metsä Wood products. A user-friendly interface makes designing structural members fast, efficient and effective.
Finnwood enables users to freely choose the geometry of the structural system including spans, support widths, slopes and loadings. After the geometry and loads have been selected, the software calculates the optimal member size and prints out full structural calculations - simple!
The software has been localised for the USA and for many European countries, including the UK, France, Germany, Finland, Sweden, the Netherlands and Belgium, Spain and Portugal. Each localization calculates according to the locally valid building code or standard, such as NDS (USA) or Eurocode 5 and its National Annex.
Finnwood software can be downloaded free of charge from a country's Metsä Wood web site or obtained from a local Metsä Wood office. For the website delivery, please click on the relevant country link on the right hand side of this page.
Different Finnwood® language versions
Finnwood 2.3 SR1 FI (Finnwood in Finland) can also be used in English. Please see below the step-by-step procedure for registrating and downloading the alternative version.
- Register on the UK or USA version registration page (see right column). You can use the same login information on all Finnwood websites.
- Go to the Finnwood 2.3 SR1 FI (Finnwood in Finland) -login page.
- Under SISÄÄNKIRJAUTUMINEN FINNWOOD -LATAUSALUEELLE (Login to Metsäwood download area) enter your e-mail in the field SÄHKÖPOSTIOSOITE and your login password in the field REKISTERÖINTITUNNUS.
- Press KIRJAUDU SISÄÄN (Login) button.
- Please read the downloading instructions in English at the bottom of the page.