Metsä Wood's Kerto is a laminated veneer lumber (LVL) product used in all types of construction projects, from new buildings to renovation and repair. Kerto is incredibly strong and dimensionally stable. Kerto delivers its high strength from the homogeneous bonded structure.
Kerto is produced from 3 mm thick, rotary-peeled softwood veneers that are glued together to form a continuous sheet. The sheet is cut to length and sawn into beams, planks or panels in according to customer´s requirements. See a video how Kerto® lvl is produced.
Kerto products are CE marked and certified by VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, no 184/03.
Example use of Kerto LVL
- Components of roof, floor and wall elements
- Components for the door and vehicle industry
- Concrete formwork
- Scaffold planking
Kerto laminated veneer lumber (lvl) can be further processed in many different ways according to its end-use and the customer’s particular wishes. The further processing service is an integral part of the customer service and supply chain.
- Sanding: optical or calibrating
- Profiling of the beam edge, e.g, tonguing and grooving
- Special sawing: both straight and tapered shapes
- Gluing: re-gluing for increased thicknesses
- CNC machining: drilling, end sloping, edge easing, notching
- Build-up, e.g, box slabs and roof trusses
- Protective treatments, e.g, against mould
Watch a video how Kerto is produced:
Kerto is available in following variations
Kerto-S Excellent for long span roof and floor beams
Kerto-Q Optimal panel for most load bearing structures
Kerto-T Ideal for use as a stud in load-bearing and non load-bearing walls
Kerto-Ripa Ideal element for long span roof and floor solutions