As the modular wood construction industry grows – everybody wins.
Most innovation in our sector today goes largely unacknowledged beyond its locality.
By sharing your innovations and insights with your fellow modular wood experts around the world you can build a reputation for yourself internationally, and you’ll also benefit from advice and reviews of your work by our platform’s an expert panel. The Open Source Wood initiative also offers the chance to efficiently collaborate with your peers – wherever they are.
We are committed to working with architects who use innovative modular wood elements for building design – giving selected professionals like yourself the chance to move their designs from your desktop to actual projects.
Metsä Wood Awards
Metsä Wood is rewarding innovative element and modular designs. These awards are typically 5 000 or 10 000 €.
Criteria – Fast, Light, Green
Building element / module using Kerto® LVL (laminated veneer lumber) products as a major component:
- Fast: The design enables fast building processes
- Light: The design is light weight
- Green: The design improves the CO2 balance of building.
The winners so far are:
- Maskerade, offsite manufactured wood elements designed by Maarten van der Breggen,
- Cliphut, modular building system designed by Thomaz Vieira, Tomas Mena and Maria Wilkens,
- Kokoon, pre-fabricated and transportable housing modules designed by Aalto University’s Wood Program Studio