Incredibly strong and dimensionally stable timber beam
Metsä Wood's Kerto® LVL is a laminated veneer lumber product used in all types of construction projects, from new buildings to renovation and repair. Kerto LVL is incredibly strong and dimensionally stable. Kerto LVL delivers its high strength from the homogeneous bonded structure.
Kerto LVL is produced from 3 mm thick, rotary-peeled softwood veneers that are glued together to form a continuous billet. The pillet is cut to length and sawn into LVL beams, planks or panels in according to customer´s requirements.
See a video how Kerto LVL is produced.
Kerto LVL products are CE marked and certified by VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, no 184/03.
Example use of Kerto® LVL (laminated veneer lumber)
- Components of roof, floor and wall elements
- Components for the door and vehicle industry
- Concrete formwork
- Scaffold planking
Kerto LVL can be further processed in many different ways according to its end-use and the customer’s particular wishes. The further processing service is an integral part of the customer service and supply chain.
- Sanding: optical or calibrating
- Profiling of the beam edge, e.g, tonguing and grooving
- Special sawing: both straight and tapered shapes
- Gluing: re-gluing for increased thicknesses
- CNC machining: drilling, end sloping, edge easing, notching
- Build-up, e.g, box slabs
- Protective treatments, e.g, against mould
Kerto® LVL is available in following variations
applications for Kerto LVL.
Production process of laminated veneer lumber
Watch a video how Kerto LVL is produced.
Want to know more?