Metsä Wood's Kerto® LVL has been used in composite door manufacture for over 20 years, with over 250,000 entrance doors manufactured globally per year using Kerto as their core.
Metsä Wood's Kerto acoustic fire door blanks have been fire tested*, with and without glazed opening, in excess of European Standards (EN1634-1). They are available in industry standard 2135mm x 915mm sizes for FD30 (1/2 hour) and FD60 (1 hour), with widths up to 2500mm available to special order. Our fire door blanks are supplied calibration sanded and unlipped, ready for further processing.
The Kerto acoustic fire door blanks are manufactured from premium Nordic Spruce. The Kerto LVL Q-panel used for the door blanks is a cross-bonded laminated veneer lumber (LVL) produced from rotary-peeled 3mm graded softwood veneers, which are then glued together using EN 636-3 glue (for use in exterior conditions). Individual veneer joints are scarfed and staggered. This structure improves the lateral bending strength and stiffness of the panel, thus increasing the shear strength. With cross-bonded veneers, there is an essential reduction in moisture dependent variations across the width of the panel. The result is an engineered wood product which delivers strength and dimensional stability that does not warp or twist, ideally suited to door blank applications.
- Stability and predictability
- Resistance to warp, twist and bow (even after machining)
- Excellent thermal performance / properties
- Significantly lighter in weight than other door blanks on the market (e.g. Kerto-L 450kg per m3)
- More efficient for general handling and lighter transportation – maximising loads
- Easy to machine (machines like regular softwood; no extra wear and tear on tooling; can be routered, edged, veneered and laminated without issue)
- Can be supplied calibration sanded, optical sanded or unsanded
- Special sizes / specifications available to order
- PEFC Certified - full chain of custody
*FD30 Kerto door blanks tested using Metsä Wood fire door casing/lining sets (Certifire approval number CAF184). Further details are available on request.