Metsä Wood's Rego® acoustic fire door blanks are manufactured using a combination of Finnish birch plywood and Metsä Wood Sonex. Perfectly suited for the luxury hotel industry, public buildings, hospitals, schools and high noise emission areas, Rego has been developed to meet the increasing demands of building standards for acoustic performance within a fire door set environment. Following extensive testing and development, Rego blanks have achieved a market leading -41dB in just a 47mm thick door blank.
Metsä Wood's Rego acoustic fire door blanks have now been fire tested, with and without glazed openings, to European Standards* (EN1634-1) and are available in industry standard 2135mm x 915mm sizes for FD30 (1/2 hour). Rego acoustic fire door blanks are supplied calibration sanded and unlipped, ready for further processing.
- -41dB achievable without glazed opening
- Unrivalled strength to weight ratio
- Highly durable
- Easy to machine (routering and edging)
- Perfect to veneer / overlay
- Can be painted or stained
- PEFC Certified – full chain of custody
- 67.48 kg / per blank (average density = 735kg / m3)
- Special sizes/specifications available to special order
*FD30 Metsä Wood Rego acoustic fire door blanks tested using Metsä Wood fire door casing/lining sets (Certifire approval number CAF184). Further details are available on request.