Kerto® LVL (laminated veneer lumber) is a perfect product to be used as a component for roof, floor and wall elements.
Pre-fabricated roof, floor and wall elements facilitates quick assembly and reduced project costs. The loadbearing structure of these composite elements typically consists of solid sections, usually allowing free spans up till ca. 9 meters for rood and floor elements. Utilizing the excellent technical performance of Kerto® LVL in the loadbearing structure will result in lesser material spend, lower weight, stronger and more stable elements and even enables longer spans.
Roof and floor elements for longer spans
Kerto-Ripa® is an enhanced design system for roof- and floor elements, developed by Metsä Wood. Based on Kerto® LVL S-beam & Kerto® LVL Q-panel loadbearing components and structural gluing it enables the elements very long spans, up to 20 meters, making it possible for structural designers to remove columns and increase design flexibility.
Kerto-Ripa designed elements can be of both open and closed structure and insulated to match every unique buildings exact requirements.
Advantages and facts about Kerto-Ripa designed wood elements:
- Kerto-Ripa design combines Kerto® LVL Q- panels and Kerto® LVL S-beams as glued element
- For spans 9 to 20 meters – Max length is 25 meters.
- For roofs and intermediate floors
- Quick construction process: Pre-fabricated element can include ready ceiling surface, thermal insulations and roof covering
- Short assembly time - up to 1500m2 of weather protection in one day
- Kerto-Ripa box slab is five times lighter in weight than the TT concrete slab
- Kerto-Ripa enables the main frames in smaller size and a lighter foundation
- Next phases of construction can continue immediately, in dry conditions
- Fire resistance up to REI90 and A1-s1,d0 reaction to fire classification
- Thermal and moisture behavior of the structures are carefully tested by the Technical University of Tampere, Finland
- Kerto-Ripa element has the European technical approval ETA-07/0029 and CE marking
- Environmentally friendly
- Kerto-Ripa design system can be utilized by anybody who enters into a partnership agreement with Metsä Wood. Including a license agreement to manufacture the elements as verified by the local authority according to ETA requirements.