In June, Metsä Wood in association with the Institute of Structural Engineers, put on a full day seminar about Eurocode 5 for complex timber structures. We invited along some excellent guest speakers including Richard Harris FICE FIStructeE FIMMM from the University of Bath and Julian Marcroft of Marcroft Timber Consultancy who spoke along with experts from Metsä Wood.
The seminar is now available to view in bitesize videos on Metsä Wood’s learning portal, Timber Academy. The videos available include:
• Honorary Professor Richard Harris FICE FIStructeE FIMMM from the University of Bath is a structural engineer and discusses structural analysis for complex timber structures. Richard introduces some key issues to be considered when designing complex structures in timber.
• Julian Marcroft of Marcroft Timber Consultancy discusses the serviceability design of timber floors to BSEN 1995-1-1.
• Franco Moar from Rothoblaas discusses the design of modern connections through Eurocode 5.
• Frank Werling, Head of Technical, Engineering and Design at Metsä Wood gives an introduction to Metsä Wood and our product range. Frank then goes on to introduce Eurocodes looking specifically at Eurocode 5.
• Ewa Ostrowska, Senior Engineer at Metsä Wood discusses computer aided design (BIM) for timber structures including BIM software, BIM material library and some project examples.
To watch the videos register via http://timberacademy.metsawood.com/
. You will then be sent an email to confirm your registration. Just log back in and your will have instant access. If you have any problems, please email email@example.com.