Metsä Birch Sheet is a high-quality Finnish plywood product sanded on both sides. Metsä Wood Birch plywood is made of cross-bonded 1.4 mm thick birch veneers and bonded with a weather and boil-resistant phenolic resin adhesive and can be used for a wide range of applications.
Metsä Wood Birch plywood is a multipurpose panel for different uses where a strong and rigid panel is needed.
Birch plywood Applications
- Transport industry: road transport and railway transport vehicle floors and walls, LNG carriers, container floors, flight cases etc.
- Building applications: floor and roof structures, interior cladding, sports hall floors, scaffolding, doors and door surfaces etc.
- Other applications: packing applications, furniture, toys etc.
Major advantages birch plywood
- Strong and rigid
- Light and dimensionally stable
- Smooth, hard and durable surface
- High quality visual surface
- Easy to machine and fasten using conventional woodworking tools and fasteners
- Environmentally friendly
- Weather and boil proof bonding
For further technical information view our birch plywood technical data sheet.
For more information
Our Birch Plywood can be purchased from your local UK timber merchant - where to buy.
For further information:
Mark Giles, Sales Manager
Metsä Wood, Building and Industry