Metsä Spruce MouldGuard is a surface impregnated softwood plywood sheet, reducing significantly the risk of mould growth compared to unprotected softwood plywood sheets. The product provides a ready to use surface in moist conditions, with a natural visual quality.
Metsä Wood Spruce MouldGuard is an all-purpose construction sheet to conditions where the relative air moisture content might exceed 75%. It can be used in the same way as standard Metsä Wood Spruce plywood sheets*.
- Most preferable applications for the product can be found in use class 2 and 3.1 conditions (EN335-1).
- Building applications: Roof, floor and wall structures, agricultural buildings, attics, roof overhangs etc.
- Renovation: repairing, improving and renovating homes and buildings
- In general: Applications under a risk of increased humidity, such as unheated buildings and structures e.g. car shelters, roof panels.
- Long term mould protection in moist conditions
- Decreased health risks
- Improved visual durability of the structures
- Ready to use surface saves time at construction site
- Strong, rigid and lightweight panel
- Easy to machine and install using conventional woodworking tools and fasteners
- Weather and boil proof bonding
- Available with square edge and tongue-and-groove profiles
- Direct contact to the foodstuff or animal feed should be avoided
For further technical information view our spruce plywood technical data sheet.
Where to buy
Our Spruce Plywood can be purchased from your local UK timber merchant - where to buy.
For further information
Ben Hoffmann, Sales Manager